Monday, November 26, 2007

Additional tasks

After our daily coordination meeting, my supervisor told me to stay for a while. He told me that he is planning on giving me additional tasks, (tasks – which means not only one). Kuya Wowie will have a three months training on US, he told me that I will handle his job and do his functions while he is away. It was mixed emotions, I am happy because, my supervisor choose me because he believes that I can do it, and a little sad because, with my current load at work, I think I will be overloaded. Right after I learned about that plan, I told my co-engineers about it, they told me that they think it will not be temporarily, because Kuya Wowie will be transferred to a new department when his training is done. Well, I hope that will not happen, if that so I will have to bargain on my work loads. Previously I also given up some other tasks to co-employee. Kuya Wowie’s tasks were big and with a very wide range. He handles the whole Preventive Maintenance System of our Department, handles the equipment conversion kit, transfers, incoming equipment, scrapping, housekeeping, dummy units, tools and etc. I used to cover up to him when he is on-leave and the maximum of two weeks when he had his training in Germany. This maybe the reason why my boss trusts me with these, it is still not yet final. I am still wishing for the best – maybe a help from my other co-engineers will do.

No comments: