Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Two major down and meeting an old friend

This morning, I told my supervisor that I will not attend the daily coordination meeting; this is because I read in the e-mails that I have two machines under major down and is currently unattended. We have only one technician on duty last night who is also attending to another equipment under PM and also been called by the manufacturing to attend to some line down. The daily meeting starts at 8:15 and ends at around 9:30, while our technician on duty for today will be reporting at 10:00, so I decided to start working with one of the two machines.

I still feel pressured while doing the repair like the way I used to feel when I was just starting in this kind of work. The only difference then is now is a little bit higher on their expectations. Being considered as an expert on that machine (I myself believe that I still have to learned a lot) or well experienced (I think this is the best term), they will expect that I can release it immediately.

I am already on the fine tuning on one machine when my technician arrived at past 10:00 am. He used to report on phase 2 building, while our major repair is at the phase 1 building. With his help we released one machine at around 1:30 pm. He was also called to attend line down, so I was left again working alone in the other machine. I was about to install a part of the machine when I saw that there were 4 broken screws on the base plate. Luckily we have a spare, but it is almost 3:00 pm, Kuya Aries arrived and reminded me of our TQM meeting (I am a co-leader of the calibration personnel). My technician is not yet around so I grab a pen and paper to write down my findings.

After the meeting I assisted my technician in the repair, again we found another defective part. This time we do not have a spare, so we decided to borrow from another machine. We went to the parking area of idle machine to get the part. In the other room, I saw our old friend Kuya Cesar. He was a service engineer of another type of machine, but now he is working in China – our subcontractor. We had some chat about his work abroad and his family. I had to cut the good conversation with him because; the shuttle bus is leaving at 4:45pm.

No comments: