Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Night Swimming at Laguna

Yesterday December 12, was not only my husband’s birthday but also the Christmas party for Equipment Engineering. At the very moment the date of the party was set, I told my boss that I may not be able to come because it is my husband’s birthday. They suggested that I can invite my husband to the party and at the same time celebrate his birthday. I told my husband about it, but he is not in the idea of joining the party because he may felt out of place or maybe we may discuss something confidential on that party. He told me that he will let me attend the party, but I will have to leave early (the party is an overnight swimming). We decided to move the celebration of his birthday this weekend.

Being in charge with the food, I together with Alain, Alou and Sir Abet leave the company early at around 3pm. We buy fish (tilapia, we did not buy bangus because an engineer brought 10 bangus), Chicken, Liempo, vegetables and other supplies at SM Dasmariñas. After that we bought fruits (banana, pineapple and green mango) at a fruit stand along the way.

We arrived at the venue at around 6:30 pm; we are expecting the guests to arrive at 7:00pm, so we have to move fast. Sir Abet and Alain started to grill the liempo, Alou cooks the sinampalokang manok while I took care of cooking the rice. Past 7 pm when the guests started to come by batch. They also helped us to fasten the cooking of the food, even our managers helped in cooking.

We started the party with a prayer, and then we have our dinner. After that some decided to swim, others enjoyed playing cards (with no money involved – I guess the looser will have a shot of win instead), while others are enjoying the videoke (Filipinos loves to sing). I am texting with my husband, who is waiting for me to come home. He told me that he was with our common friend Francis in SM Dasmariñas. Francis broke up the news that he has just submitted his resignation that day - effectivity of the resignation will be on January 12.

At around 11pm we decided to leave. We (Aries, Alou and Jeff) are lucky because Alain also will leave the party that time; he has an everyday commitment to drive his mother every morning to work. It is very difficult to commute from Laguna to Cavite especially those times.

No comments: