Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm on Sick Leave - Aug 5-7

I am not feeling well last Monday night, due to cough and colds. It's been raining for a week now, and almost every one in our group has cough and colds, actually Alain, a friend and co-employee was back from a three day sick leave due to the same reason. Tuesday morning, I know I was able to come to work, despite of not feeling well. My husband is on night shift, so I went directly to his work station and ask him to have a breakfast at the cafeteria. After having breakfast, I check my e-mails and answer those mails that requires urgent action. My husband seeing me with this condition, he told me that I better go the clinic and had a check-up with our company physician. At first I called my boss and informed him that I will go to the clinic to have a check-up, my boss' said that if the doctor will advise me to go home then, it is fine with him. Upon seeing the doctor he gave me a medication for a week and told me to take a rest for two days. We will meet each other on the third day, hopefully he can clear me give so that I can report to work on that day.

We went to the pharmacy to buy the medicines, I also remembered that Adrian's vitamins is almost empty so we also bought his vitamins. My husband had to go to Ate Cris, because her computer is having a problem, I told him that instead of going home alone I still accompany him to Ate's house. When we arrive there, we shouted "Pabili", because Ate has a small store; we are expecting Ate to answer but her daughter Kyla answered "Ano Yon". Ate is not around, only her daughter Kyla and our niece Charlie were there. Kyla told me that her mother left them for a while. I told Kyla not to let anybody in, when her mother is out. After a while Ate arrives, it is almost lunch time so we ate our lunch there. After eating, Ate describes the problem of her computer to Jelmar, while Ate asked me if I can bring Kyla to school, which is only a block from their house. Upon repairing the computer problem which is after 30 minutes, Ate told us to stay in the house because she will bring Charlie to school. When Ate arrived, we told her that we should go now, but she told if Jelmar still can look on her DVD player, which has problem with its video out. When it was turned on and a DVD was loaded, the picture colors were only shades of green. Ate told us that it was not like that before, until she has to move the TV rack to the other side of the house, and she has to remove all of the cables connections from the TV going to the DVD player. Jelmar asked for the manual of the DVD and TV, after changing some of the connections, the color is now normal.

When we arrived at our house, my son was surprised to see me back from work early.

No comments: