Friday, March 7, 2008

Defense

February 26, Tuesday, we had a scheduled defense of our project study at TUP – Manila. At 5:30am we first go to Gen. Trias to pick up the external member of the panel (whom is required that we have to bring one panel from the industry where we are working for). My time will be at 8:00am, while my husband will be at 10:00am. I prepare some sandwich spread, tuna, ham and bought a cheese pimiento from a co-engineers wife-it is her specialty. We bought pandesal at Pan de Manila along the way. I also bring along a pack of coffee from gourmet and a coffee maker.

We knew that we will be late, so I tried to call the chairperson of the panel that we will be coming, but her phone is currently unable to reach. We arrived 10 minutes late; and the panel is already at the room. We ask apology for being late, and they understand.I started the report and ends at around part 9. They told me to go outside of the room fro them to deliberate. After few minutes the secretary called me and told me to inside.

The chairman announced that I passed – what a relief. Then it is my husband’s turn. I left the room to call Matet, to help me to buy food for the panel at SM. She was on the way to SM, so I told her that we can meet there. When I arrived at SM, I directly go to the Max ‘s and ordered 10 sets of meal. I decided to call Matet to meet me there, just to found out that there is no signal there.The food is already prepared; but I had nobody to help me. So I ask the manager if he will allow somebody to assist me. They allow one waiter to accompany me to TUP. I handed him some bills, he told me it is not necessary but I insisted, because of the help. Matet, texted me that she already had a class. I texted her not to worry and told her that somebody helped me carry the foods.

Then, I heard the news from my husband that he also passed. We decided to eat at the SM, because it is already lunch break and we still have to meet our advisers for some revisions on our paper. After having lunch, we go to our advisers to discuss the necessary changes and then we went home.



No comments: