Tuesday, June 3, 2008

World Pyrolympics 2008-MOA

May 31, Saturday morning at around 10am; Adis send a text message asking if we want to go to SM mall of asia to watch the finale of the World Pyrolympics. Upon reading the message, I asked my husband if we can go. He has a work schedule for tonight so he can't join us. He agreed to it, so at around 1pm we went to Ate Cris to pick up Charlie. We ride the bus at the town proper headed to Baclaran, then we transfer to a jeepney to MOA. We arrived there at 3pm, my mother, younger sister Adis, Matet, my nephew JC and Ate Maricel were waiting for us at Aristocrat Restaurant. They already finished with their snack, so they ordered for us and waited until we are done. We went to National bookstore to buy some school supplies. After that we went to the department store to buy the kids school uniforms and school bags, courtesy of Adis. It is almost 7pm when we finished with the shopping. We saw almost all of the fastfood chain and restaurant are full, so we decided to take out some burgers and french fries (since we had full meal on our 3pm snack). The fireworks display will start at 7:30pm so we rushed to the sea wall area.

Although I heard about it last year, it is my firts time to watch the pyrolympics. I can still remember the news about the traffic jam it caused last year. Well after seeing the first performance of the fireworks display, I now understand why people came from places and gather to just watch the show. The young and young at hearts were all entertained, my son especially. The colors, lights and the sequencing of the fireworks wow the spectators. I was not able to bring a camera, so I have to wait for Adis to share the photos of that spectacular event.

No comments: